Sunday 15 January 2012

Week 17: Influences from TV shows

Over the Christmas period I had paid attention to graphics which have been included within various TV shows which I have viewed. These TV shows have included various animations similar to those which I will be including within my own ident (s). One TV show which caught my attention with the use of graphics was Deal or No Deal. Throughout the Christmas period in this show they used the graphics of lights on the box within the introduction sequence. This is a similar to the lights which I will be animating onto my filmed Christmas tree footage. These are multicolour lights which will catch the viewers attention and is an element which reflects the Christmas theme. I will be adding in the animated Christmas lights to the daytime footage which I have filmed. The reason for this is because I filmed the daytime footage recently and the tree did not have any lights, therefore I will animate the lights to add over the footage.
Deal or No Deal also used the sparkling lights graphics throughout the episodes. These were animated multicolour stars which were used before and after the advert breaks within this show. This animation covered the screen and the stars were seen scattering 'magically'. I will be including similar sparkling stars within my animation to surround the logo. This is because these are an element which strongly suggests the theme.

The Family Fortunes introduction sequence was also eye catching. This used graphics to emphasise the theme of Christmas. The use of the Christmas tree lighting up caught my attention. This is because it is similar to the concept of my ident, with the tree lighting up. I liked this introduction sequence as it clearly shows the Christmas theme with the Christmas lights and snowflakes and also stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment