Monday 16 January 2012

Week 18: Logo Influences for ITV1 Logo

Influences of Typography from Existing TV Shows
I have also been influenced by existing logos for TV shows. These have influenced my own logo which have rebranded for ITV1 for my TV ident (s). These have influenced my logo for the theme of Christmas, below shows some of these influences and I have explained the reasons why they have influenced my logo.
Influence: The Talent Show Story Logo

This logo from a recent show which I watched ‘The Talent Show Story’ on ITV1 has influenced my rebranded ITV1 logo. The elements within this logo which influenced mine were the ‘Talent Show’ typography. The main text is very bold and inside the outline of the letters are gold dots, which is similar to the effect I have used for my logo. I have used the effect of lights and this effect is also used within this logo for the TV show. The gold within this logo also suggests the theme of Christmas; I made a similar logo in the gold colour scheme for my variation within my ident. Although this is not a Christmas logo it does reflect the theme in terms of the colour scheme and the star used within the centre.
Influence: Dancing on Ice Logo
This logo for Dancing on Ice has influenced my logo in terms of the sparkle element.  This recent logo caught my attention because of this element and that I am including this element strongly within my ident idea. This logo has been animated to show the sparkles around the edges. This to me reflects the theme of Christmas and has influenced my ident idea and also my logo. My logo will be seen lighting up and I will incorporate the stars sparkle around the edges, similar to this Dancing on Ice logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment